Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:36:52 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Unix Newbie <unix_newbie@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: changing ftpd's anonymous root directory

On 2002-04-07 19:52, Unix Newbie wrote:
>   The vipw worked great! I had already modified both files apropriately,
> but just saving the already modified files with the vipw command took
> care of everything. Must have had something to do with rebuilding that
> whole database thing.

After manually modifying /etc/master.passwd you need to run:

	# pwd_mkdb

but etting EDITOR to a proper program and running vipw is so much
easier that it is the preferred way for editing passwd of most users,
I guess :)

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/