Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 02:10:07 +0300
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Arseny Slobodjuck <ampy@crosswinds.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail, sender name

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 11:00:49PM +1000, Arseny Slobodjuck wrote:

> Yes, I found this section in faq, thanks. But it about domain
> name 'masquerading' anyway, not about usernames. Well, logging in as
> 'ampy' is not a problem, but what if I'll consider to change my
> mailbox name or create another mailbox ?...

You can either configure a different 'role' in pine, or set the
customized-hdrs and default-composer-hdrs variables in your .pinerc to
change what Pine will put in it's default headers.

I tend to prefer Mutt though, since in my ~/.muttrc I can configure a
different sendmail= variable for each folder that I read, and have my
account in sendmail's /etc/mail/sendmail.ct file of trusted users.  This
way, I can call sendmail -f with a different envelope sender address
depending on the folder that I'm currently reading/replying to, and with
the proper my_hdr From line make the header of the message reflect that
sender address too.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
For my public pgp2 key: finger -l keramida@diogenis.ceid.upatras.gr