Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:55:42 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        chia an <alan_qc@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: after compile mykernel

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 09:29:36PM -0700, chia an wrote:
> aftr i succesfully compile my new kernel, i reboot my
> Freebsd 4.4, and then login as root. i am running
> dmesg |more, but there was an error in :
>
> Config> di bt0
> No such device bt0
> Invalid command or syntax.Type '?' for help
> Config>di aic0
> No such device aic0
> Invalid command or syntax.Type '?' for help
> Config>di aha0
> No such device aha0
> Invalid command or syntax.Type '?' for help
> Config>adv0
> No such device adv00
> Invalid command or syntax.Type '?' for help
>
> how to solve this problem, please help me, should i
> compile my kernel again and drop  some option such as ,,,,?

Your boot sequence is trying to apply the configurations you made for
the GENERIC kernel on your new kernel, but you have removed these
devices from your custom kernel (probably why you disabled them in the
GENERIC configuration).

The kernel configuration file is loaded from a file,
/boot/kernel.conf. I'd suggest moving it out of the way to something
like, /boot/kernel.conf.GENERIC.

In the meantime, the warnings should have no adverse effects on the
running system.