Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2008 06:30:25 -0600
From:      John E Hein <jhein@timing.com>
To:        Sean Bruno <sbruno@miralink.com>
Cc:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Current problem reports assigned to freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.org]

Mark Linimon wrote at 00:43 -0500 on Apr 29, 2008:
 > On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:14:53PM -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
 > > How do these tickets get closed out?  I've seen them on this list for
 > > quite a while with no evidence that they are being worked on.
 >
 > They get closed out the same way any other PRs do; some committer takes
 > an interest in them and works on them.
 >
 > As one of the bugmasters, I'd be happy to see more PRs (in every category)
 > getting closed :-)

Even if you aren't a committer, you can work on them and add patches
to the PR.  Sometimes the experience is not rewarding as your patches
languish, unanswered even (people are trying to improve that situation
since it discourages contributors).  But often someone will grab them
if it has patches, especially if they've been touched by the problem.
Active occasional pestering sometimes gets action on a PR (but
sometimes the action is to close it ;).