Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:34:53 +1200
From:      rshea@opendoor.co.nz
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suppressing SENDMAIL messages

Hi - I'm getting a lot of error messages from SENDMAIL appearing
on my screen whilst I'm, for instance, in a text editor. This is most
distracting but I don't have time to fix up SENDMAIL at the
moment. Is there some way I can stop these messages appearing
? I don't mind them going to a log file I just don't want them
bouncing up in front of me all the time.

Along the same lines the source of the emails which SENDMAIL is
having trouble sending is a cron job. It doesn't expliciltly send mail
but the output gets mailed to the job owner (me). Is there some
way I could adapt the job so that cron doesn't email the output to
me ?

thanks

richard shea

Open Door Ltd