Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:56:57 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Package or Ports CVSup

I usually use the ports, it's kind of satisfying to know it's all
compiling along merrily.

However X/KDE, as pointed out below takes an incredible length of time.
I compiled it on a 1Ghz Pentium with 512MB memory off of a SCSI
disk installation .. I also translated the whole of War and Peace into
Latvian at the same time. It is *big*.

--
Regards
Cliff