Date:      17 Feb 2002 12:56:13 -0500
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        regis rampnoux <regisr@regix.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Abiword port

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 16:30, regis rampnoux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do a check ports to day and I found an update for abiword 0.99.1 ...
> but when I tried to do it it wants to install gnome. I don't like
> gnome: a lot of libraries...
> I have installed the 0.99.1 release with it, what are the
> modfifications in the new port?

AbiWord will only build GNOME support if you have GNOME installed, you
define WITH_GNOME=yes in, say, /etc/make.conf, or you define
PACKAGE_BUILDING or PARALLEL_PACKAGE_BUILDING.  If none of those
conditions are met, then AbiWord will only require Gtk+ and its
dependencies.

Try doing:

# cd /usr/ports/editors/AbiWord
# make -DWITHOUT_GNOME clean install

And see if that works for you.

> The editors.html in the FreeBSD website show the Abiword 0.9.6_1 !
> (with no gnome libraries ;-)
> If it is possible to update it also...

This is updated only periodically.  If you want up-to-the-second port
info, use http://www.freshports.org.

Joe