Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 16:13:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        freebsd@hopf.math.purdue.edu (Clarence W. Wilkerson)
Cc:        brantk@atlas.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NEC changer

> I had some questions about the changes to use this.
> All but the scsiconf.c changes were in the -current sources as of
> yesterday.

I can't comment authoritatively on the changes required to get the
unit to work under -current, as the patches in question are for
2.1-RELEASE.  I don't run current - I have looked at the scsiconf.c
in yesterday's -current, and a lot has changed since 2.1.  None of the
line numbers match up.

> Is the the line 278 addition to scsiconf.c supposed to be enclosed
> in the " # if NCH > 0     #endif /* NCH */ "

I put it in the "#ifndef UKTEST" block, which is wrapped by the "#if
NCH ..." block.

> and is the line 342 code to at the end of the
> #if NCD > 0 .... #endif /* NCD*/ code ?

Same here.

> Finally, in the line 278 code there is a "NCR" and in the line 342
> code there is a "NRC". Is each correct?

That's the way it is according to the patches obtained from Jonathan
Bresler <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>.

I suspect that both _should_ be NRC, since that's the vendor code that
the drive reports.  However, it seems to work regardless.

I have appended the patches with a little more context around them so
that you might integrate them into -current more easily.  The '[ ... ]'
symbols indicate where I've snipped code for readability.

/* near line 342 in 2.1.0-RELEASE /sys/scsi/scsiconf.c */

#if NCD > 0
#ifndef UKTEST	/* make cdroms unrecognised to test the uk driver */

[ ... ]

/* 960117 added for the NEC 7 CD-ROM changer */
        {
		T_READONLY, T_REMOV, "NCR", "MBR-7" ,"*",
		"cd", SC_MORE_LUS
        },
/* end addition */
#endif /* !UKTEST */
#endif	/* NCD */

/* near line 342 in 2.1.0-RELEASE /sys/scsi/scsiconf.c */

#if NCD > 0
#ifndef UKTEST	/* make cdroms unrecognised to test the uk driver */

[ ... ]

/* 960117 added for the NEC 7 CD-ROM changer */
        {
		T_READONLY, T_REMOV, "NRC", "MBR-7"
		    ,"any", "cd", SC_MORE_LUS
	},