Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 00:27:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        MALCOLM BOFF <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems & fixes

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, MALCOLM BOFF wrote:

> Doug, This does not really help me in what I am looking for.
>
> My assumption is that when a RELEASE is made say 2.2.2-RELEASE and
> problems are found, reported and perhaps fixed they are applied to
> 2.2.2-STABLE etc ie 2.2.2-RELEASE remains static.
>
> What I am looking for is a) problems reported for a given RELEASE and
> b) whether or not a fix is available.

Okay, so you're looking for a pretty fine-grained report For viewing
things on a proble/mfix basis the GNATS bug database may be what you're
looking for.  You can get to GNATS from the support page.

Major bugfixes show up on the ERRATA page for the respective RELEASE, and
can be retrieved via the release pages mentioned below.

If you can't find any references to your problem, ask here.  If it's truly
a bug we'll ask you to make a PR for it for the GNATS database.

I hope I've better answered your question.  Let me know if there's
anything else I can do for you.