Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Casey Figueredo <caseylara@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vinum and fstab

Greetings,

I am using FBSD 4.2-release. I have gotten everything
to work with vinum except getting it to load
automatically by putting entries in /etc/fstab.

In my /etc/rc.conf, I have

start_vinum="YES"

In dmesg, near the very bottom, I see:

vinum: loaded
vinum: reading configuration from /dev/da1s1e
vinum: updating configuration from /dev/da2s1e

If I now mount the volume "by hand," everything is OK.

mount /dev/vinum/stripe /mnt

However, when I comment out the line in /etc/fstab

/dev/vinum/stripe  /mnt  vinum  rw   0   0

I get several messages that don't show up otherwise:

vinum: /dev is mounted read-only, not rebuilding
/dev/vinum

[SNIP - messages about FILESYSTEM CLEAN; etc]

mount: exec mount_vinum not found in /sbin, /usr/sbin:
No such file or directory

Mounting /etc/fstab filesystems failed, startup
aborted
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh: