Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 1996 03:26:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Some fundamental datatype change?  Excessive unsigned vs signed compare warnings on kernel builds.

> I haven't actually watched a full kernel build in a while, just copying
> the result to /.  However, I've been messing with Justin's new AHC code,
> and just happened to watch a compile of a -current downloaded around 11/7,
> and there's lots of warnings about compares of unsigned vs. signed.
>
> Normally these don't worry me, but there were numerous ones in the FS
> stuff, a few in the vm section, and oodles in the NFS stuff.  Just seems
> unhealthy.

Yep, I kind-of agree with you.  I certainly will be cleaning up
the VM stuff (and perhaps some of the VFS stuff) soon.  Probably
will not make it into 2.2-RELEASE though.  The messages are indicating
potential problems that have been generally checked out.  The problem
is that it requires careful consideration/coordination to clean-em
up.

John