Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 2006 21:34:25 GMT
From:      "gs_stoller@juno.com" <gs_stoller@juno.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation of  FreeBSD 6.0

	I have tried several ways to install  FreeBSD version 6.0  and all bomb=
 the same way.
What happens is that I first get a message =93Building the boot loader a=
rguments=94 on one line, and shortly afterwards the message =93Relocatin=
g the loader and the BTX=94 on another line.  After a delay of about 11 =
minutes, a third line appears containing the message =93Starting the BTX=
 loader=94.  I let the system run for about an hour and a half but no mo=
re messages appeared, nor did the computer indicate that the installatio=
n had completed.
	The only thing in my machine that I think could be =93not working=94 wi=
th the installation program is my  BIOS .  Here is all the information I=
 have about my   BIOS  .  It names itself as =93Energy Star Ally=94 writ=
ten by Award Software Inc. and that it is an =93Award Modular BIOS=94 wi=
th =93Award Plug & Play BIOS extension v1.0A=94.  Its ID is v4.6OPGMA  (=
the character between the "6" & the "P" is a vertical ellipse with a dot=
 at its center, it is either  zero  or  oh ).