Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 1998 16:52:46 -0800
From:      Yixin Jin <yjin@CS.UCLA.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot manager cannot proceed

Hi folks,

My freebsd has some problems after I used one DOS boot disk to boot the
machine. At the first time, the boot manager can find BSD partition, but
whenever it started extract the kernel, it halted. Then I let the boot
manager be rewriten, this time, whenever I press F1 key it just cannot
proceed, and keep giving me boot manager prompt again and again.

Could anyone figure out why it happens? The funny thing is that I can
use floppy to boot the freebsd on hard driver, just by typing
"sd(0,1)/kernel".

Thanks

--
Yixin Jin