Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:26:12 -0400
From:      "C. A. Daelhousen" <cd9@buffalo.edu>
To:        "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading from CD

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:27:08AM +1200, Defryn, Guy wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> For some funny reason I get the command not found error when I issue
> the cvsup command. It is installed from the ports though :-(. Why
> would this be?

If you are using csh, tcsh, or zsh, and the port was installed after the
shell was started, then you need to use "rehash" to make the command
visible to the shell. For speed, the shells put the contents of the path
in a hash; if the path contents change, the shell doesn't notice unless
you run rehash.

For sh and bash, I'm not sure, and I'm too lazy to read the man page.

--
..: Chad Daelhousen == cd9@buffalo.edu :.........: sig v3.1 :...
: Programming for 10 +/- 2 years (50 +/- 10% of a lifetime)    :