Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:18:02 -0700
From:      "Sanders, Kevin " <KSanders@classroom.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.4 installation

To whom it may concern:

  I am trying to install FreeBSD v3.4 on a Dell Precision 410 with 550 MHZ
Intel processor, 500MB of RAM, 3Com 3C905B-GA network card, Diamond Viper
32MB V770D AGP video card, AIC7890 SCSI Disk adapter and AIC7880 SCSI
adapter for CDRom.

  I go through UserConfig just fine, but then before SYSINSTALL, it hangs on
"Probing for Devices...This may take a while".  I've waited for over an
hour, but it never comes back.  I tried it again and deleted every device
which showed a conflict with the same results.

  Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Kevin L. Sanders