Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 1997 11:49:34 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   compilation fails..

When trying to make world on 3.0-970618-SNAP with 2 CPU's, (apparently
working fine) I always get this error, although sometimes cc1 dies with
signal 10 instead.

--
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
*** Error code 1
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
*** Error code 1
--

This isn't reliably faulty either, I don't usually get the fun of having
it die on exactly the same bit of code either, some times it will compile,

Both these systems are using gcc 2.7.2.1, but so is the my workstation
which is 3.0-970209-SNAP, and hasn't failed to compile anything since I
installed it in early February. I originally thought this was an SMP
related issue but now I am seeing it on a 2.2.2 box I'm really starting to
worry. I'd send-pr, but I haven't the faintest idea of what category this
would go in and I don't think it's a gnu thing.

So what's changed since 9 February in -current and gone into 2.2.2 that
could give me mad signal all over the place.

Can anyone either verify that this is happening, or explain how to stop
it, or have any solutions on tracing it, or anything.

Many Thanks.
--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342