Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 2002 10:07:12 +0100
From:      Graeme Mathieson <mathie+freebsd-questions@wossname.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB Logitech cordless pro keyboard + mouse

I bought myself a new toy yesterday. :)  And then spent the rest of the
day trying to get it to work.  The basic keyboard works OK, once I
'connected' it to the receiever and did the appropriate magic with
kbdcontrol.  I *still* haven't managed to get the mouse to work.  It
appears to be connected from the RF point of view[1], but running:

moused -df -p /dev/ums0

produces no events.  Still, I have another trackball which I prefer
to use, though if anybody has bright ideas to get it working I'd
appreciate hearing it...

What I would really like to do is get the keyboard's extra keys to do
something useful.  There are 13 hotkeys, 6 keys + a jogdial for
controlling an audio application and a scroll wheel.  If I could get
even some of them working, that would be a great bonus.

I note that XFree86 4.2 has a 'logicordless' keyboard model which
defines actions for a number of these keys.  However, having tested with
xev, these events never appear when any of the buttons are pressed.

Has anybody else successfully used these buttons?  If not, I'm thinking
that the first thing to try would be to verify that there are keycodes
being emitted by the keyboard driver (atkbd?).  Any idea how I would go
about doing so?

[1] I have verified this on a Windows PC.
--
mathie+sig@wossname.org.uk              http://www.wossname.org.uk/~mathie/