Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:36:18 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        atk2@arctic.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more on XFree86-4 problem

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 10:26:24PM -0000, atk2@arctic.org wrote:
>=20
> Ok - I decided that perhaps my problem was a undetected conflict in old
> packages - i deleted most of my old package and now the current error I
> get is:

You probably still have stale XFree86 3.x files installed, which can
confuse the XFree86 4.x build.  Deinstall your old XFree86 and imake
packages first, and retry.

If you still have problems, it's likely because you have files
installed that are unclaimed by any port. The pkg_which utility, part
of portupgrade, can help to track down such files; see the manpage.

Kris

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1--