Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:37:22 -0400
From:      Jud Fink <Jud@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fixing MAKEDEV After Upgrade

I'm a complete newbie (FreeBSD is my 1st Unix, installed 3 weeks ago), so the
usual thousand pardons.

I updated from 4.1 to latest 4-STABLE using cvsup and MAKE WORLD.  Now using
mergemaster to finish up before reconfiguring kernel and rebooting.  Through
series of bad choices, screwed up MAKEDEV with mergemaster - merged and edited
rather than installing update.  Now have mostly blank MAKEDEV file and don't
think (not at home at the moment) I have a "clean" updated MAKEDEV left in
var/tmp.

What to do to recreate/install updated MAKEDEV?

This is on 12gb FreeBSD partition that shares a 20 gb HD with Windows.  Also
have 2gb HD with limited remaining space that has FreeBSD 4.1 installed.

TIA,

Jud