Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 15:43:40 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <garya@ics.com>
To:        rich@lamprey.utmb.edu
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sending email using netscape?

> Does anyone successfully use Netscape to send email?
>
> When I hit 'send' it reports 'Netscape is out of
> memory. Try quitting some other applications or closing
> some windows'.  All the bsdi and linux versions
> avilable do this for me on FreeBSD-stable.
>
> ktrace shows netscape successfully connecting to the
> smtp server and sending/recieving everything from smtp
> server correctly upto the point the the body of the
> message should be sent, but it stops there.  Rich

It works for me, in limited tests (I'm running mainly from
a solaris system using freebsd as a gateway).
The version I'm using on freebsd is

netscape-v202-export.i386-unknown-bsd.tar

This is under 2.1 on a 16 meg system so it's not like I have a lot
of resources available, but I'm not running X on it either;
I started it on the freebsd system and displayed it on
the solaris one.

--
Gary Aitken		garya@ics.com		(business)
			garya@dreamchaser.org	(personal)