Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:27:10 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Charlie ROOT <root@totum.Plaut.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DEVFS not for PCMCIA?

Charlie ROOT wrote:

> Hi,
> DEVFS/SLICE is working proberly so far except that is seems
> that sd* gets not probed in the case of insertion of a aic card.
> sd0 and rsd0 show up in /dev but no slices.

ahhhh yes, this is a problem.

Justin, is there a way that the "probe-when-interrupts-are-on"
code can do the requested probe Immediatly, when the probe is
being requested AFTER booting has completed?

> is there a way to force a SLICE reprobe?

not yet but I'm thinking about it..
I know what needs to be done..
What worries me is the case for when you REMOVE the card... That
hasn't been thought out all that well WRT the SCSI system.