Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 17:15:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Bryan Seitz <phiber@udel.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Celeron kernel Patch

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Bryan Seitz wrote:

> Either way, you don't have to like it.  I wrote it for myself b/c I
> was sick of seeing unknown.

> The Celeron is different than a PII, so hence it is *not* really a
> complete PII.  Sure you could make it say Pentium II, but I'd rather
> see that its a celeron, which is *WHY* intel gave it it's own ID.

And if I'm not mistaken, it's marketed as the Pentium II Celeron
processor.  If anything giving the code-name might be more correct
(Klamath, Mendicino, etc).  And the cache (which is the only difference
between a PII and a PII Celeron) info could be put under the features.

The Xenon OTOH is a bit more different and deserves it's own ID string
IMO..

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |