Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:07:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      RA Cohen <roy2098@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSD 5.3-RELEASE Samba 2.2.12

Hi all,

I'm having one of those "bite me in the arse why don't ya..."
kind of problems. I recently migrated user and workstation
accounts from a FBSD 4.7 machine running Samba 2.2.8 to
different hardware running FBSD 5.3 and Samba 2.2.12 (Samba is
PDC). The machine accounts were each entered to the domain by 1)
smbpasswd -a -m MACHINENAME and 2)there are about 65 clients on
the network and I had to go around to each machine, disjoin the
units, and then re-join the domain, which the machines did with
success. A pain, but after all was done, everyone can
successfully log in to the domain. Functionality is exactly the
same as previously (A successful migration!) but here is where
I'm getting bitten in the butt --

Seems like everyone's Internet Explorer is now set to a "high
security" (like that's really possible with IE) -- anytime a
form is submitted, the message "When you send information to the
internet, it might be possible for others to see that
information. Do you want to continue?" Changing the IE setting
has no effect, nor does the checkbox to not see this warning
again...

Just to complete the picture -- we are using roaming profiles,
and wipe out the local versions during each logoff.

What the heck is going on here? Nothing has changed. The home
directories were tarred and restored maintaining permissions and
ownership. My users are getting mighty irritated with that
pop-up message. Any ideas out there at all? I've Googled to no
avail...

Thank you,
Roy A Cohen