Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 00 21:37:50 +0100
From:      fcfbsd <fcfbsd@eircom.net>
To:        "David Banning" <tracker@worldy.com>, "FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: backspace produces ^H in X

i tend to find this normal.  perhaps it shouldn't be.  however, i usually
edit my .cshrc or .login to detect the TERM variable and do some
adjustments as necessary.  i know it's not the neatest solution but if
your trying to work your way into the operating system, as i am, without
getting into the guts of termcap then it works ok.