Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:03:33 +1000
From:      Duncan <arakias@bigpond.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   logging

Hello

I'm am having trouble with my logs.
I have tried various things like adding ' log_in_vain="YES" ' in rc.conf
(which i read from a post on the security list)

!ipfw
*.*		/var/log/ipfw

but the only information i am getting is stuff like :

00200		0	0	deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
01400		20	1008	deny log tcp from any to any via ppp0 setup
65535		602	28986	deny ip from any to any

(from /var/log/ipfw.today) which by itself is useless for me.
I am trying to set it up so i can see the source address and ports so i at
least
can see more of what's going on.

I have a custom kernel with the ipfirewall and divert for natd and am currently
running 3.2-release.
sorry for not giving more information but i am new to this and not sure
what else
to put.

Any help is much appreciated
Thank you.