Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 08:48:30 +1000
From:      Stanley.Hopcroft@aipo.gov.au
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What X Server should I use on a Gateway 9000-XL ?

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing to ask about using XFree86 + FreeBSD on a Gateway 9000 XL
laptop.

We are interested in getting similar machines for our Unix (AIX and
FreeBSD) system administrators to use when they travel. We want to use a
FreeBSD and XFreeX86 on these machines.

Please will you tell me what X-server we should use with the 9000-XL ? The
machines seem good value but we don't know what a "128 bit 4MB Neomagic
video accelarator" is or what X Server will work with it.

The PAO patches and info is very helpful (and a wonderful product) but they
don't talk too much about X.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely

Stanley Hopcroft
AIPO (the Australian Industrial Property Organisation is better known
as the Patents Office)