Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:27:18 -0600
From:      Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@goldmark.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        grog@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Duplicate emails on freebsd-questions

[mailed and posted and cc'ed to grog]

On Feb 19, 2007, at 4:54 AM, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> There is a very good reason why it is customary in this mailing
> list to
> copy the sender when replying.  We don't accept email messages only
> from
> subscribers.  This means that some people may post a question without
> even being subscribed to the list.  By Reply-To: header "hacks", like
> the one you are describing, the original poster may never see your
> reply.

Thank you for that explanation.  It might be a good idea to add this
to point 6 of section 8 of

   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-
questions/index.html

I was initially surprised by the conventions used on this list, but
am growing more accustomed to them and trying to comply, even thought
it isn't what I do for most of the lists I'm on.

Cheers,

-j