Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:30:20 -0500
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Ben Goren <ben@trumpetpower.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where have all the md5s gone?

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> distinfo
>
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Ben Goren wrote:

> > In checking the output from my daily.local script which runs cvsup, I
> > couldn't help but notice that *ALL* the md5 files have been deleted.
> >
> > Pardon the paranoia...but this seems quite peculiar.
> >
> > I'm using the Arizona mirror, cvsup5.FreeBSD.org.
> >
> > I'm not a subscriber to this list, but I will be monitoring the
> > archives. Still, I'd appreciate being Cc:d on replies.

Actually.  A couple of months ago the PORTS tree was reorganized to use
fewer directories and such save space.  The files from the pkg/
directory was moved up one level and files/md5 became distinfo.  If a
port had patches they are now in the files directory.

Yesterday all the old files were removed since there has been no
problems with the new system.

Jim
--
jeh@FreeBSD.org      http://www.FreeBSD.org     The Power to Serve