Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:44:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason K. Fritcher" <jkf@wolfnet.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Scsi problem

Hello. I am having an unusual problem with a new system I have. I have
installed the 3.1-19990227-STABLE snapshot. If I boot the system with a
power-cycle, or use the reset button to reset the machine, it boots
normally. If the machine reboots from any kind of soft-boot, the machine
locks hard with no error messages after the machine attempts to probe the
scsi bus for devices. The only way to reboot the machine afterwards is
reset.

I am thinking this is a driver problem, since I can reboot the machine all I
want under Windows 95 and everything works flawlessly. I have gone through
the archives for -hackers, -stable, -current, and -scsi and could not find
any relevent subject lines.

If this message would be better served in -scsi, I can move it there.

This is the hardware in the machine. All three ports for the on-board scsi
are terminated, and in the BIOS for the motherboard, auto termination is
enabled for all buses.

Asus P2B-LS motherboard, BIOS v1008, was at 1006 w/ same problem.
  On-board AIC-7890 + 3860 bridge, BIOS v2.01
    Quantum Viking II 9.1GB Hard drive in U2-LVD mode - ID 0
    Plextor Ultraplex 40x CDROM - ID 6
  On-board Intel 10/100MB Ethernet
Asus 3400TNT AGP Video card

Thanx for the help.