Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 01:06:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        gerard <ser@intranet.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Floppy @ ppp help

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, gerard wrote:

> hi,
>
> I just migrated from DOS (Win95) to FreeBSD. I managed to install it
> from floppy after a couple of attempts. It seems to work perfectly, so
> far. But I have problems.
> - I don't read from or write to floppy, like copying from floppy to hard
> drive

I'll assume you're referring to MSDOS formatted disks.  In that case, use

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

to mount the disks.  It should show up on /mnt.  Use

umount /mnt

to unmount them BEFORE EJECTING THEM!!

> - PPP doesn't work. My modem is on COM4. At boot after [-c] config, I
> receive the message saying: sio3 not found. Even at ppp, I receive the
> message: /dev/cuaa3 not configured.

Internal modem?  You may need to build a kernel with `controller pnp0' and
see if that will find it.