Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:45:13 +0100
From:      sigsegv@mail.ru
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to make a screenshot?

Andrew L. Gould wrote:
> How can I make a screenshot of what's on my monitor?  (I searched the
> archives unsuccessfully for "screenshot".)
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.10.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

Gimp is an image manipulation program similar to Photoshop or
PaintShopPro, which can also grab screenshots etc. Run Gimp and then
select File->Acquire->Screen_Shot. Assuming you're connected to the
Internet, you can install Gimp via ftp:

$ su
Password:
athlon1000# pkg_add -r gimp
Fetching
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2.1-release/Latest/gimp.tbz...