Date:      Tue, 27 May 1997 14:09:00 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/sys interrupt.h src/sys/kern kern_intr.c

>> I assumed only one driver per interrupt line.
>
>Well, that's easy ...
>But the original question was, whether the new shared interrupt
>support might be applicable to ISA drivers, and the consent seems
>to be, that it isn't for the reason you give below:

I think that we should support it since I can see it being used not
only in the sio driver but for other multi-function devices like
sound cards.  Having a separate driver for each function on a card is
much cleaner than a single monolithic driver and since it seems
easy to add the ability to handle this case (set a flag in the descriptor
that says "run me again please"), why not do it?

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations