Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:12:34 -0800
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <rileyjmc@pacbell.net>
To:        "Alex Rodioukov" <simuran@shaw.ca>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Compiling 3rd party apache module

> Are you using native FreeBSD Apache binaries (compiled from ports)? If
> so, there is no way you can make Apache use CF's .so, since FreeBSD
> and Linux binaries/libraries does not mix. What you probably can do is
> to install Apache linux binaries (from RPMs or something like that)
> under Linux emulation and try to run CF with that.
>
> > Riley
>
> Regards,
>   Alex.

That one thing I was considering...but the source code for the CF .so is
supplied--can't I build that with the apache port?  My understanding of
../apache13-mod_ssl/.../README.configure makes me think so.  Hence I tried
this in the apache Makefile:

--add-module=/usr/local/coldfusion/webserver/apache/src/mod_coldfusion.c

I'd like to avoid the redhat apache binaries if at all possible.

Thanks,

Riley