Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:32:53 -0500
From:      "Doehner, Bernard" <BDoehner@harris.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "'bad@uhf.wireless.net'" <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Subject:   limiting swap space via login.conf

Hello...

OS Version: FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE

Trying to limit per process swap space utilization to 20MB, but there
doesn't seem to be a login.conf variable to do this.. Or is it just
undocumented? Is there another method to accomplish this?

I thought I'd be able to use:
memoryuse and memorylocked (with memoryuse-memorylocked=swap space), but
they don't seem to apply on a per process basis, as I was able to calloc
array's much larger than the memoryuse limits.

Is there something I need to turn on in order to make memoryuse/locked
WORK, or is it not on a per process basis?

(Yes, I did cap_mkdb after lowering the memoryuse limits for the user
class in question).

datasize, however did work, and caused the calloc to fail if I tried to
allocate greater than datasize
space to an array.

Any pointer much appreciated. Please Cc: bad@uhf.wireless.net with