Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:56:54 -0500
From:      Jim Bloom <bloom@acm.org>
To:        Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 testing...willing to help

I found the problems I was seeing.  I had an old configuration of dhclient
dating from before it was integrated into FreeBSD.  At that time, I just called
dhclient without specifying the interface.  (I only had one NIC.)  Dhclient then
tried using all interfaces it could find.  One of the interfaces it tried to use
was faith0 which generated all of the errors.  I just fixed by network startup
to specify the interface for dhclient and all of the error messages went away.

Jim Bloom
bloom@acm.org