Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:08:41 -0500
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: sendmail-8.11.5

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 09:06:07AM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 08:54 AM 8/24/2001, Peter Pentchev wrote:
>
> >As I replied to your mail to -security, the port *is* at 8.11.6.
> >The package has just not been built yet - there are a bit too many
> >ports now for lightning package builds :)
>
> Unfortunately, these machines need the package. I imagine that a
> security bulletin is imminent.... The package should be ready
> by the time the bulletin is issued, so that people can bring in
> the package and do a fast binary update.

I fail to agree.  I think the bulletin should be issued as soon as
the problem is detected to make people aware of the problem.  Any
how, complaining won't make the scripts build your package any faster.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr@inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>