Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:14:00 -0700
From:      Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad@shire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best JDK for performance?

I have to hand it to the Java team.  I have the latest 1.4.2 native jdk
I built on 5.3R/i386 on a Dual Opteron (2 x 2.0ghz) system.  I ran some
simple java benchmarks.  I compared that to a Gentoo Linux (2.4.x
kernel) system that is a Dual Athlon Mp 2800+ (2.1ghz) running the Sun
1.4.2 jdk.  The FBSD one was about 3% slower in the tests I did.  That
is compared to the Sun native jdk on linux.  I know the HW was not the
same, but it is comparable, and the java performance is comparable, and
should only get better.

Chad