Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:11:16 +0000
From:      Sergey "DoubleF" Zaharchenko <doublef@tele-kom.ru>
To:        Daniela <dgw@liwest.at>
Cc:        Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with audio recording

--+Kd1gE8O_=.H/ybG

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:09:03 +0000 Daniela <dgw@liwest.at> probably wrote:

> Is it really /dev/dsp0?

Check if you can PLAY sound.

> Below is the output from ecasound, maybe it helps (I installed from source
> with debug symbols). The file test.wav is there after running ecasound, but
> there's only silence in it.

Sorry, the output explains nothing (the device seems to be up).

Look at the file closer (maybe even dump it with "od" or such ): is it
absolute silence (always zero) or is it 0+-1? If it's always zero, it's
probably the soundcard, otherwise probably the input source (cable,...).
Don't quote me on that, though.

--
DoubleF
If a situation requires undivided attention, it will

--+Kd1gE8O_=.H/ybG

--+Kd1gE8O_=.H/ybG--