Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:44:52 -0500
From:      chris@tourneyland.com
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tasks for junior documentation hackers!

I'd like to do something like 'Administering a student server'. I'm making
a jump to FreeBSD from Windows, and trying to administer a little 3-5 node
network off my ADSL line. I don't think that currently people like me are
as well served as possible by the documentation (or culture) that's out
there. For example, when I posted to the questions list about how to do
name serving, I think every single response told me to Buy The O'Reilly
Book (I'm surprised BTOB hasn't been hallowed by acronymity along with
RTFM). When I said "Geez, do I really have to read a 500 page book to learn
how to do DNS for my puny network?", a lot of people got mad at me for
being lazy and ignorant. But come on!

That's just an example. In general, I'd like to tackle this and other
subjects to come up with a "How To Become A FreeBSD Administrator Of A
Small Home Network When You Don't Know A Damn Thing About Unix"
guide/handbook/whatever.

Does that sound ok?

 - Chris