Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:15:45 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        big-sky@altavista.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tar error question

big-sky@altavista.net wrote:

> Trying to tar -x ip-fil3.3.12.tar and I get an error:
>
> tar: can't open /dev/rsa0 : Device not configured
>
> I looked in my /dev and found a rsa0
>
> So how do I configure it?

You'll need to build support for it into the kernel, and possibly run
MAKEDEV again (just in case).

But, are you really trying to access the tape drive (which is
what the rsa0 device is) or are you trying to extract a file on a
filesystem called ip-fil3.3.12.tar?  If the latter, you want `tar -xf
ip-fil3.3.12.tar'.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D