Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:22:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      eagle@phc.igs.net
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re: Team FreeBSD progress charts

------ Forwarded message ------
    From: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
 Subject: Re: Team FreeBSD progress charts
    Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:39:05 +0200
      To: Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@alcnet.com>
      Cc: freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG

* Kelly Yancey (kbyanc@alcnet.com) [990624 17:46]:

>   As a side note, intended for the -advocacy list: while doing my quick
> search I discovered something disturbing about the freebsddiary.com site
> which I was not aware of...it's driven by Frontpage (blech). The tip off
> what the search engine's URL:
> http://www.freebsddiary.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/freebsd/search.htm. On the
> other hand, the best I can tell it is running on some unix (it's got
> sendmail at least)...but isn't this the sort of thing that could come back
> and bite us? Maybe I'm just a little paranoid. :)

Ehm, if ye would care to ask Dan about this himself I can you that he is
100% FreeBSDer for more than 8-10 months by now...

He just prefers to do his HTML in a different way *G*

Oh btw, the bawx is a FreeBSD bawx for all that I know...

=)

When evaluating the possible harm that might be caused because of
somebody, using frontpage to explain how to do things in freeBSD you
might also consider the good accomplished.

That particular site is owned by a freebsd fanatic, who at least is
willing to do somthing about the "lack" of documentation that freebsd
is rumored to have. while the official doc project is doing a great
job. The more people that are sharing what they know about freebsd the
better off the rest of us are.

I don't care how the html gets written as long as people are writing it.

Rob