Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:54:51 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS hangs (client) when rebooted server tries to [re]mount filesystem

All,
	I'm seeing an odd problem while using a FreeBSD system as a Solaris
jumpstart system. If I run a client box through the process, its fine the first
time. However, if there is an error, or I'm testing, subsequent passes
hang up right around the time it should be trying to do an NFS mount. Rebooting
the server (FreeBSD 5.4) and restarting the jumpstart process on the client
cleans the issue up, and it runs through again (once) fine.

	Upon running "showmount localhost" after a good pass, I see that the
server is registered, even after its been booted, powered off for some time,
etc. I expect this is because its not properly doing a unmount. However, the
registration can persist for days.

	I don't have the lock or stat daemons running (didn't see a need),
but that may be next on my things to do.

	Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to flush this list, or
see what may be causing the client to lock up? I've seen the notes in the
bootparams file about setting up an all-0s alias for SunOS broadcast, and have
done that, as well.

	Suggestions?

	-Brian