Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:46:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      eps+ques0703@ana.com (Eric P. Scott)
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-compat: problems installing rpm, bunch of .so's missing

[Alexander Leidinger]
>Now... what about forgetting about the linux wine which comes with
>picasa? Try to use the FreeBSD wine.

At this point we've strayed off-topic, since the original
poster's questions have been answered.  We're now in the realm of
advocacy.

I figure there's got to be a Google product manager who's getting
weekly reports showing download statistics for Windows,
Macintosh, and Linux offerings.  If they're using those to gauge
interest--and allocate development resources accordingly, I don't
see how this helps our cause.

In all fairness, I have to give Google credit for trying to make
the best of a bad situation.  I think we can help send the right
message to the "bean counters" by resolving PR ports/108864 (so
FreeBSD users will contribute to the Google Earth numbers again).

					-=EPS=-