Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 01:31:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trimming old mailboxes

Got a question. This has to come up time and again. I have a small system
with about 500 users on it. A good number of them are people who leave
e-mail on the server rather than deleting it.

As you can imagine over time these files have grown rather large. Is there
a program I can run that'll go through the mailboxes (they are all in
sendmail mailbox format) and delete any messages older than say 1 year?
I've discovered that I can tell the pop3 server to do this (sort of) but
would like to give everything a quick cleaning immediately to start fresh.

Thoughts?

-Steve