Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 22:06:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Waite, Michael" <Michael.Waite@compaq.com>, "'Rob Harris'" <rharris@fuzzfactor.com>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: smp on alpha?

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > You should ask Jordan Hubbard that question.
> > We are trying to do our part with the equipment.
>
> Just as soon as Doug Rabson's Alpha arrives in the UK, I'm looking
> forward to a greatly increased pace of development on Alpha/SMP.

As it happens, I was working on some of the groundwork for this just this
morning. I'm confident that given the hardware I can get smp going fairly
easily. Also, since the kernel already supports SMP for the x86 port, I
imagine that the changes will be self-contained enough to be suitable for
the 4.x branch. If all goes well, I expect 4.1 to ship with SMP support.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com