Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 09:00:33 -0700
From:      mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        Paul Richards <paul@originat.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

Paul:

Yeah, I've toyed with the idea of doing a NTterm sorta program and I
know the hooks exit.  I just wonder why it was never part of the
original.

What you described from OpenNT reminds me of NeXT.  You open up a
command line terminal from Mach to do Unix-y things while the NeXT GUI
is running.  It is almost like you have parallel interfaces going.  At
least that's the feel.  Really I think a number of programs use this
sorta like the `Dos' window. The work and take over part of the
resources then return them when done.

-Mike