Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 21:26:59 -0400
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@bit-net.com>
To:        "Bryce Newall" <data@dreamhaven.net>, "Jeffrey Bernt" <bernt@usa.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DHCP

I have a ne2000 compadible card it shows up as ed0 or ed1
I did dmesg | grep and this is what it shows

 dmesg | grep ed0
ed0 at 0x260-0x27f irq 5 on isa
ed0: address 00:40:33:51:c5:db, type NE2000 (16 bit)

I just got my dhcpclient to work today.
I used isc-dhcp2 and
there is a script under client
that worked for me    ../script/FreeBSD