Date:      Thu, 04 May 2000 16:28:31 -0400
From:      Bradley Benson <brad@centralmhmr.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Atapi Tape Drive

I have a HP Colorado 8 GB (4GB Native) tape drive. I'm running
4.0-200000208-CURRENT. I get the following dmesg on startup.

ast0: TAPE <HP COLORADO 8GB> at ata1-slave using PIO4

when I run something like "tar -cf /dev/rast0 file" the tape drive light
will come on and the drive will access the tape. After about two seconds
all activity will stop and the command will lock. I've tried killing the
process, but ultimatly have to reboot the machine. Has anyone run into
this problem? This is my first time trying an IDE tape. I haven't had
any trouble with SCSI.

--
Bradley Benson
Information Systems Manager