Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2017 03:49:13 -0500
From:      Farhan Khan <khanzf@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The future of fortune(6)

Hi all,

I suggest removing fortune(6) from base. It is essentially a tweak and
best left for FreeBSD derivatives (GhostBSD, TrueOS, etc), not something
for base. It seems inappropriate for servers.

In the mean time, I would suggest having it be a symlink to /bin/true or
display a message telling users to remove it. Then remove it entirely in
13-STABLE.

If people want it, have it live on as a port/pkg. The same with games in
general.