Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2014 15:24:03 -0800
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xorg -configure ... Segmentation fault at address 0x0

I would like to respectfully suggest that the Handbook section 6.3
(Installing Xorg) be amended so that near the very beginning it
tells people to pre-check the compatability of their GPU against
the "Tested hardware matrix" list provided here:

   https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics

This would have saved me a lot of time and bother, and perhaps
would have done likewise for lots of other people also.

(I will file a formal PR for this suggestion, unless anyone feels
that it is dumb idea.)